Cycling is one of the most challenging and adventurous outdoor sports. A lot of people had loved the way cycling enhanced themselves. It doesn’t only challenge your endurance but also the determination to achieve a
Cycling is one of the most challenging and adventurous outdoor sports. A lot of people had loved the way cycling enhanced themselves. It doesn’t only challenge your endurance but also the determination to achieve a long run of a bike. Cycling would not be enough. Of course, your bike is like your partner now. So, you are buying something to add more appealing views on how it looks. One of the most attractive yet useful accessories of a bike is the lights. The bike lights australia are not simply an accessory but have their purpose.
How to choose a bike light?
As a buyer, you always have your requirements for choosing a kind of item to buy. When buying a bike light, you must come up with these requirements:
- Brightness. The brightness of a bike light will be measured in lumens. For a car light, it has about 700 lumens while bike lights vary from 15-1500 lumens or more. Choose the right light, either for on-road cycling or off-road cycling. An on-road light does not need to be bright as for off-road cycling. For on-road cycling, you don’t need to have a front light that is brighter than 200 lumens. You may need 400 lumens when there are dark stretches on the road. The rear light needs fewer lumens for you to be seen by traffic than lighting the path. For off-road cycling, you may need a much brighter light. It helps you to see hazards ahead of you. The light must be at a minimum of 600 lumens. But if you wanted to be much safer, then go for 800-1000 lumens.
- Side-on visibility. When traveling on roads, side-on visibility can be helpful. It is much safer when you are very visible at the back and front, even at junctions, you need to be seen bu the traffic. It is advised to buy a light that is specifically designed to lighten the side of the bike. Reflective lights or strips attached to the spokes of the bike are also higher side-on visibility that you can place on.
- Easy-to-connect. Some of the bike lights are difficult to connect. Some of these lights have very flexible and rigid fixings.
- Charging time. A bike light is chargeable. So, before buying, it is important to consider the time of charging the battery. Some of these batteries take long hours of charging. So, make sure that you are contented with the battery light you bought.
- Waterproof. A bike light has a great chance of getting wet, whether it is used for riding off-road or for commuting. So, it is important to check if it is waterproof or not.
As a buyer, you need to take this list of considerations to choose the right bike light you need.